- What is the requesting agencies resource order/mission/ incident number?
- What agency(s) will the Organization or personnel be working for or with? (OES, USFS, CDF etc..)
- What type of incident will the Organization be responding to? (Flood, fire, hazardous spill, etc..)
- How much time do mutual aid resources have to respond?
- How many locations or sites are there? (How many and what type resources needed initially?)
- What are the best (or only) routes to these sites?
- How long (hours/days/weeks) will operations be required? (How many more resources?)
- How many hours per day at each location are required? (Shifts, more resources?)
- Where are the operating locations? (Location names, addresses or map name and coordinates.)
- What type of terrain is involved for each location? (Propagation considerations, hills, valleys, is HF/NVIS required?) Relays/nodes may be required. Even via mutual aid from other organizations from outside. Request through Agency. (More resources?) Are there any locations that require more than one radio or mode of operation such as HF, VHF, UHF, voice, packet and AMTOR. (More resources?)
- Are there any locations that require more than one radio or mode of operation such as HF, VHF, UHF, voice, packet and AMTOR. (More resources?)
- Is there commercial AC power available?
- Is there emergency power available? (Generator or battery?)
- Will operator have to furnish power and for how long? (Spare batteries, generator and fuel?)
- What precedence will traffic have.
- What type of traffic will the operator be responsible for? (Tactical, logistical, * any possible health and welfare, H&W?)
- What is the current status of incident operations and the effects on resources? (Rate of use?)
- Which assignments are direct and which report to a staging area.
- Is there an radio operators staging area and where?
Continues next week
Submit suggestions, topics or comments on the bulletins to Cary Mangum, State ACS Officer, California. (W6WWW), email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulletins archives: ACS Web page: acs.oes.ca.gov, ftp.ucsd.edu/emcomm or ftp.oes.ca.gov/ACS/EMCOMM and a Landline BBS at 916-255-0798 (graphical & standard interface)